NatrixOne Canine Supplement’s ecommerce platform was designed and constructed in summer 2019 using WordPress, Elementor, and WooCommerce. The initial product launch in October was to support one product line through online sales and Googel Surfaces. Search Optimization through schema, health articles, and testimonials was performed resulting in 7% month over month site growth.
1628 Ltd is a Coworking office located in the historic Doctor’s Building in Cincinnati Ohio. It was founded in 2016 by Tamara Schwarting1. The name 1628 derives from the moment in history when the word, ‘coworking’ is first published in a book by John Jackson titled “The Worthy Church-Man.” The three-story 6000 square foot facility was chosen to for its historic background across from Piatt Park.
The contemporary interior design was completed by HighStreet design and has been recognized for its visual appeal and hospitality. 1628 coworking curates art from local art collectors, galleries, and institutions on a quarterly basis. Each time they hang a new exhibition, 1628 hosts an opening for members and artists. Installations have included:
- Spring 2017: Elevate: Celebrating Inspiring Art In partnership with Wave Pool
- Summer 2017: Natural Order: An exhibition of works from the Art Academy of Cincinnati
- Fall 2017: Urban Tapestry: Photography exhibition featuring work from local photographers
- Winter 2017: Treasures in Black & White
- Spring 2018: The Pieces I Am
- Summer 2018: Chro•Ma
- Fall 2018: Behind the Mask6
- Winter 2019: Before | Now
- Spring 2019: /just to be alive/7
- Summer 2019: No Vacancy
In March 2019, 1628 Ltd expanded for a second time from the original 6000 square feet to 16000 square feet, adding second and third-floor private offices.8 1628 hosts a variety of private events and meetings for companies based in Cincinnati or companies looking to grow a presence in the region including BS LLC, Graydon, TDA, High Street, Cushman Wakefield, HuDawn, and Annette Navarro.
- Purnell, Hannah (2017-01-10). “Beyond the coffee shop: Cincy co-working scene diversifies to meet growing demand”. Forbes. Retrieved 2017-01-10.
- Women, Elevate (2018-11-30). “What To Consider When Designing A Workplace That Inspires”. Forbes. Retrieved 2018-11-30.
- Jackson, John (1628-01-01). The Worth Church-man. Book. Retrieved 2019-01-01.
- MERRITT, Jennifer (2017-04-22). “If A Boutique Hotel And An Office Had A Baby, It Would Be The Co-Working Space 1628”. Cincinnati Refined. Retrieved 2018-02-01.
- Konnermann, Alyssa (2018-10-05). “FOUR DOWNTOWN SPOTS WHERE YOU CAN GET TO WORK”. Cincinnati Magazine. Retrieved 2018-10-05.
- Radio, WVXU (2018-09-12).“Behind the Mask: Contemporary Portraiture and the Pursuit of Self”. WVXU Public Broadcast. Retrieved 2018-09-12.
- Picks, CAA (2019-04-02). “CWA PICKS FOR APRIL 2019”. CAA News. Retrieved 2019-04-02.
- Caproni, Erin (2019-03-27). “Downtown Cincinnati coworking space expands”. CAA News. Retrieved 2019-03-27.
Emmett Ridge Farms was founded by Jeremy and Lauren Boswell on the former site of Lindale Golf Course in November 2018. Emmett Ridge Farm was established to demonstrate improved mixed-land use agricultural methods incorporating an entire ecosystem. They are known for their ethical animal treatment and fair land use, returning much of the nutrients consumed by animals back to the land in a continuous farming cycle. This crop-livestock system has been found to have a net positive impact on the environment and animals while enabling local communities to be less dependant on global food supply chains.1,2
After dedicating his early career to the marine corp, Jeremy Boswell moved from North Carolina back to Batavia Ohio where he met his wife in 2003. Lauren Boswell has a degree in communications from Miami University and works in the veterinary pharmaceutical field. Together they shared a dream of experimenting with improved agricultural techniques and bought their first property in 2008.
The original Emmett Ridge Farm was located in Brown County Ohio. The name ‘Emmett’ was chosen for a Germanic definition of hard-working and industrious leader.3 Part of its original structures was moved to be incorporated into the new location in Amelia, Ohio in 2018. The farm sits on 132 acres with 7 ponds and an accessible concrete path winding through the entire property. Emmett Ridge has plans to create a lasting impact on the agricultural history of Clermont County through its mixed-land use and agricultural techniques.
Emmett Ridge Farms grows kale, strawberries, blueberries, honey bees. More importantly, Boswell invested in heritage breed dogs and Highland livestock which are known for their light grazing. The farm also raises chickens and turkeys on pasture. Emmett Ridge experimented with stock-raising, crop rotation, soil fertilization, and diversified farming—rather than the usual focus on a one or two cash crops—as a solution to many of the agricultural challenges of the day.
Their collective ten years of farming experience have shown that man’s agricultural activities must be balanced with the environment’s capacity to sustain them. 4 Added benefits of diversified agro-ecosystem also include natural pest control.5
After moving locations, the Boswells decided to dedicate a new event facility to driving the education of ethical farming. In May 2019 they established the Emmett Ridge Event Center consisting of 8000 square feet of event space and a full-service kitchen. The mixed-use facility is particularly distinctive, consisting of two large ballroom wings joined by a connecting hallway with its own gambrel roof and a full-service bar. They are excited to start hosting corporate events, team building, educational field trips, and weddings with a farm to table feel.
- 1.Gibon A. Mixed crop-livestock systems: An economic and environmental-friendly way of farming? . Cambridge University Press. https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/animal/article/mixed-croplivestock-systems-an-economic-and-environmentalfriendly-way-of-farming/85BE7A8AAC973A6CC3CD0D075B71AF0E. Published October 1, 2012. Accessed May 19, 2019.
- 2.Monzote F. Farming like we’re here to stay : the mixed farming alternative for Cuba. Wageningen University & Research staff. https://library.wur.nl/WebQuery/wurpubs/369587. Published January 1, 2008. Accessed May 18, 2019.
- 3.Press BC. Local family operates ethically raised animal facility. Brown County Press. https://browncountypress.com/news/305/local-family-operates-ethically-raised-animal-facility. Published July 14, 2016. Accessed May 5, 2019.
- 4.Blackburn H, Steinfeild H. Chapter 3: Mixed Farming Systems & the Environment. Commission of the European Communities, the World Bank; 1995:132. http://www.fao.org/3/x5303e/x5303e09.htm#chapter%203:%20mixed%20farming%20systems%20&%20the%20environment. Accessed May 19, 2019.
- 5.Links A. Diversifying Agro-Ecosystems to Suppress Crop Pests. Agrilinks Feed the Future. https://www.agrilinks.org/post/diversifying-agroecosystems-suppress-crop-pests. Published June 1, 2018. Accessed May 5, 2019.
City Homes at Wasson Way takes an innovative approach to improve communities by adopting Smart Growth principles. As a LEED certified developer, Kenneth French founded the Habitation Development Group in 2010 to create inspiring designs and maximizing the use of public space in a compact design.
This project offers community benefits without degrading the value of nearby housing. The tax value and usage of the land would increase without disrupting a major traffic zone or existing zoning laws. Habitation Development Group has gone the extra mile to LEED certify his homes as shown in previous projects around Cincinnati. He has taken the availability of walking trails and commercial services into account, making the location of the development ideal for long-term disabled residents. The proposal includes amenities to be donated to the park and residents of the development, which long-term will help with the overall security of Wasson Way. For this reason, Cinci360 is happy to support the proposed development.
City Homes are slated to present their development ideas to the Oakey and Hyde Park community councils. If you are interested in learning more about their project, you can attend one of these events or read about their proposal here.
Grand Rapids Product Photography was founded in 2018 by Kevin Huver. Already an accomplished headshot and black and white photographer, Kevin returned to Michigan after spending a decade shooting for clients in Los Angeles. His studio resides at ____ and is open to the public.
Kevin studied photography at ____ college in Orlando Florida, and focuses his work on the creative use of light and portraiture. His work has been published in magazines, websites, and marketing materials across the country.